The original Wolverine, Hulk, and more will return in Marvel’s Generations. CBR broke the news on their site earlier today. Marvel’s Generations will be a ten issue series dropping in July and running through September 2017.
Each issue will follow a pairing of an incarnation of ten different heroes. For example the original Thor and Jane Foster Thor and Amadeus Cho and Bruce Banner.
Axel Alonso spoke to ABC news about the upcoming series:
“We are looking to honor the legacy of the entire universe, so we are taking the iconic legacy heroes and pairing them with the new class. It very much indicates where we are going in the future with all of these characters and what we’ve been planning for some time for the universe. There’s that old cliche, ‘absences makes the heart grow fonder.’ You don’t take these characters off the board with the intention to keep them off the board forever.One of the tropes of our medium is characters get a second wind. They die and come back. That’s part of the beauty of what we do”
Here are the writers for the series, and the characters they’re writing:
- Iron Man (Tony Stark and Riri Williams) – written by Brian Michael Bendis
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Miles Morales) – Brian Michael Bendis
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers and Kamala Khan) – G. Willow Wilson
- Thor (Odinson and Jane Foster) – Jason Aaron
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop) – Kelly Thompson
- Hulk (Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho) – Greg Pak
- Jean Grey (young and older) – Dennis Hopeless
- Wolverine (Logan and X23) – Tom Taylor
- Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers) – Margie Stohl
- Captain America (Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson) – Nick Spencer
No art teams have been announced yet. Alonso also explained that these stories don’t take place in alternate reality, nor are they time traveling. The stories matter across the Marvel comics universe.
Generations will be available in July.