Agent Carter had a fantastic first season. Hayley Atwell dazzled audiences with her kickass acting, James D’Arcy wooed fans with his amazing Britishness, and Bridget Regan introduced a Black Widow storyline no one was expecting. With a mix of strong writing, feminist undertones, connections to the larger MCU and the Cold War era of the comics, Agent Carter established a world we all wish we could be secret spies in.
After the first season wrapped fans were hopefull for a second season, though many were skeptical due to the show’s low ratings. Thankfully ratings aren’t the only thing Marvel and the Mouse (Disney/ABC) care about, and Agent Carter was a renewed for a second season! Woohoo!
Here’s what we know about Agent Carter‘s second season so far:
- Season 2 will air in January of 2016
- It will consist of 10 episodes
- The same writing and producing team are back, plus two new writers!
- The show will take place in Los Angeles
- Jarvis, Souza, and Thompson are returning
- Peggy will be called to LA to solve a murder
- The tone of the show will emulate classic noir Hollywood
- The season will pick up about a year after the season one finale
- Madame Masque will be the main villain
- Peggy will have multiple love interests
- Howard Stark will be opening a movie studio
- Dottie could return for Leviathan part 2
- The writers will be pulling characters from Strange Tales
What are you hoping to see in Agent Carter season 2?
Agent Carter returns to ABC Tuesdays in January 2016.